Owner Representation and Energy Strategy Development
The Shreveport Airport Authority strives to be a good neighbor through reducing its impact on the environment and bringing improved benefits to its community by incorporating sustainability planning into the operation of the airport. SEA was proud to be a part of their sustainability efforts as Owner Representative.
About the Facility
Shreveport Airport is a public use airport in Shreveport, Louisiana. It is owned by the City of Shreveport and located near the central business district. The Shreveport Airport Authority sought an energy consultant for the development of the Airport Authority Sustainability Plan and the modernization of the regional and downtown airport facilities.
Sain Engineering Associates, Inc. (SEA) served as owner representative with a focus on the infrastructure and envelope of the various facilities, including:
- Energy awareness
- Energy strategy development
- Owner representation
- Existing equipment assessments
- Vendor selection and oversight
- Energy modeling
As a result of the partnership, SEA helped:
- Develop the Shreveport Airport Authority Sustainability plan. The purpose of the plan was to create a sustainability system within the City of Shreveport and Airport Authority’s daily decision making process
- Provide Level 1 and Level II ASHRAE Energy Audits
- Engage local Fair Share certified businesses in projects identified
- Generate a Rehabilitation Design Project with a set of construction documents for roof system repairs, mechanical upgrades and interior remediation / renovations