SEA provides commissioning services for new construction and existing buildings. As an integral component of a facility’s life-cycle, SEA’s commissioning process ensures proper performance. Our strong commissioning expertise is founded on our unique skills and experience in system design, troubleshooting and building forensics, and ongoing facility O&M. This allows our commissioning experts to effectively identify and solve building system problems at each phase of a building’s lifecycle.
SEA has retro-commissioned or re-commissioned many problem buildings where our job has been to help our clients identify causes through appropriate building energy audits and assessments and then recommend the proper remedies. Solutions range from low-cost/no-cost actions; O&M improvements and/or retrofit opportunities. We find cost-effective ways to improve the functionality of existing equipment and systems and to optimize how they operate together. Performance improvements have included better indoor air quality, increased energy efficiency, enhanced occupant comfort, and reduced building deterioration problems.
Through a partnership with Texas A&M, SEA is one of only five engineering firms in the world to offer Continuous Commissioning®. Continuous Commissioning® is an ongoing process to resolve operating problems, improve comfort, and optimize energy use for existing commercial and institutional buildings and central plant facilities. Continuous Commissioning® incorporates and extends existing building commissioning practices by providing a systematic approach to:
- Identify and solve existing operating problems – this involves a thorough review of the systems and their operations in a facility.
- Improve building thermal comfort and indoor air quality – look for problem areas with facilities, find their root causes and improve occupant conditions for the facility users.
- Minimize building energy consumption – take a critical engineering review of the use of the facility and how best to serve those uses.
- Minimize building energy cost.
- Provide knowledge-based and hands-on training to in-house facility management staff. We involve your staff in the complete process so that they are part of the solution.