NSWC Seal Beach – Corona
Geothermal Heat Pump Analysis
Location: Seal Beach
Owner: U.S. Navy
In 2011 Sain Engineering Associates (SEA) performed a comprehensive energy audit of 29 buildings representing approximately 410,493 sq. ft. at Naval Surface Warfare Center Seal Beach – Corona. Energy conservation methods identified included:
- Water conservation measures
- Lighting upgrades and controls
- Building Automation System
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Boiler Upgrades
- SEA identified nine (9) ECMs with an estimated savings of $53,756 per year.
Geothermal Energy (Ground Source Heat Pump)
In 2011, Sain Engineering Associates (SEA) performed fluid flow analysis, power generation calculations, and cost savings calculations to determine if power generation using geothermal energy was a viable option for NSWC Seal Beach – Corona.