Sain Engineering Associates, Inc., is seeking a full-time IT Support Technician based in Birmingham, AL. SEA is a consulting engineering firm established in 1988 specializing in energy efficiency of existing facilities. Our charter consists of three simple and equally critical objectives: 1) Serve Our Clients 2) Fulfill our People and 3) Manage our Business.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Work with appropriate staff to determine needed PC changes/upgrades and their priority including hardware (i.e. printers, tablets, modems, cell phones, VOIP phone system etc) and software (i.e. Microsoft, Apple, SaaS)
- Respond to issue resolution requests received via telephone or email.
- Work within priority parameters set by the supervisor.
- Ensure users are able to fully utilize hardware and software in order to perform their job duties.
- Support management efforts to meet any regulations both inside and outside of SEA.
- Consult with supporting vendors and management to address any hardware/software issues.
- Assist in developing policies to ensure network efficiency and security.
- Participate in appropriate system/application training
- Associates Degree or a Technical Certification
- 2 years plus experience in a Technical support position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, internet, intranet, SharePoint, modems, printers and general networking framework.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, Apple operating system and Windows Small Business Server is a plus.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computer networks and desktops
Employee’s work will be guided by company policy, regulations, system capabilities and constraints. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately and effectively.
Assist in determining problem causes related to PC hardware and software and coordinating the resolution.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the SEA team and have the noted qualifications, please click here to complete an online application and attach your resume. Additional questions can be sent by email to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided is kept in strict confidence.