To provide hardware and software application support throughout SEA corporate office and to remote personnel. Support can include SEA provided laptops, desktops, tablet computers and software. Candidate will support 40+ users. Position is also responsible for all pc and laptop related issues, including both hardware and software issues that impact the productivity of SEA staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Work with appropriate staff to determine needed PC changes/upgrades and their priority including hardware (i.e. printers, tablets, modems, cell phones, VOIP phone system etc) and software (i.e. Microsoft, Apple, SaaS)
- Respond to issue resolution requests received via telephone or email.
- Work within priority parameters set by the supervisor.
- Ensure users are able to fully utilize hardware and software in order to perform their job duties.
- Support management efforts to meet any regulations both inside and outside of SEA.
- Consult with supporting vendors and management to address any hardware/software issues.
- Assist in developing policies to ensure network efficiency and security.
- Participate in appropriate system/application training
Education/Certification: Associates Degree or a Technical Certification is preferred.
Recommended Experience: Two years plus experience in a Technical support position
- Candidate should have a minimum of two years’ experience in a technical support position.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, Apple operating system and Windows Small Business Server is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, internet, intranet, SharePoint, modems, printers and general networking framework.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computer networks and desktops.
- VOIP phone experience preferred but not required.
- Employee’s work will be guided by company policy, regulations, system capabilities and constraints. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately and effectively.
- Assist in determining problem causes related to PC hardware and software and coordinating the resolution.
Working Conditions: Considerable local and non-local travel required; work with and/or lead a group/team; frequent conflict situations may be present; work after normal business hours
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the SEA team and have the noted qualifications, please click here to complete an online application and attach your resume. Additional questions can be sent by email to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided is kept in strict confidence.