Sain Engineering Associates, Inc. (SEA) is seeking a proven Project Management Professional to work full-time, on-site at SEA’s headquarter office in Birmingham, AL. SEA is a consulting energy engineering firm specializing in energy services consulting and related construction. Established in 1988, we became an employee owned company in 2012. Led by a consummate team of internationally acclaimed professionals, SEA challenges the brightest and most creative individuals in the industry by providing an entrepreneurial environment that embraces initiative, innovation and results. Our mission consists of three simple and equally critical objectives: 1) Serve Our Clients, 2) Fulfill Our People, and 3) Manage Our Business. SEA values quality, transparency, dedication, collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Serve as project manager for SEA’s construction / retrofit projects in commercial, healthcare, institutional, and industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) systems, including but not limited to: lighting and lighting controls, direct digital control systems, boilers, chillers, motors, drives, renewable energy, and HVAC equipment.
- Provide leadership and direction on all project operations and activities, such as: design support, planning, contracting, scheduling, scoping and budgeting.
- Provide project management from project conception, design, bid package development, bid evaluation, permitting, contractor mobilization, construction, close-out, operations & maintenance plan, and Owner turnover.
- Provide design and construction administration leadership: coordinating with engineering consultants and in-house staff to review construction documents, submittals, RFIs, and prepare field observation reports.
- Ensure compliance with owner standards, project documentation, and local requirements.
- Manage and negotiate consultant and subcontractor services on assigned projects.
- Develop prime contracts, subcontractor scopes of work, and subcontracts.
- Plan and coordinate project activities with consultants and contractors to ensure all work is completed within the contract provisions as well as schedule and budget requirements.
- Create pay applications and track / approve subcontractor pay applications.
- Abide by all safety rules and establish and maintain a safe work environment; address and document any safety violation.
- Conduct constructability reviews of design documents and specifications through a proven process.
- Lead design and construction quality assurance / quality control.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Travel to Owner locations and project sites required (travel up to 25%-50%).
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Building Science, or equivalent work history with experience in project management. 7+ years of recent experience in construction management of large, complex projects involving mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) in commercial, institutional, and healthcare environments. Able to read and interpret construction specifications and drawings for all disciplines. Experience performing business case analysis to justify project scope and financial position for management review. Knowledge of building commissioning process. General contractor and vendor management experience (request for proposals, bidding, change orders) associated with construction and project execution. Strong communication skills with Owners, consultants, contractors, and key-stakeholders. Knowledge of building codes and regulations including Life Safety, BOCA, NFPA, NEC, and OSHA.
Experience directly related to the design and/or construction of critical infrastructure; large- or small-scale mechanical and electrical plants. Knowledge of / experience in, including but not limited to: the commissioning process, lighting and lighting controls, direct digital control systems, boilers, chillers, motors, drives, renewable energy, power management, power monitoring systems, and HVAC equipment. Ability to specify/document performance and equipment requirements, create/communicate conceptual designs and oversee bid document preparation by A/E professionals, and create/maintain project documentation. Value engineering: Proven ability to reduce costs through creative solutions (new designs, technology, or construction methods). Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements in healthcare industry a plus. Certified Energy Manager (CEM); Professional Engineer (PE), Licensed Architect, LEED, or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certifications are a plus.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the SEA team and have the noted qualifications, please click here to complete an online application and attach your resume. Additional questions can be sent by email to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided is kept in strict confidence.